You are not alone - Michael Jackson
Song : You
are not alone
Year : 1984
Singer: Michael Jackson
Writer:
Kelly
"You Are Not Alone" is a song by American singer Michael Jackson from
his ninth studio album HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book
I (1995). It was released on August 15, 1995, as the second
single from the album.
Writer Kelly wrote the song after losing close
people in his life.[
This song is a dedication or tribute to lost loved ones who have passed
away. As sung "you never said goodbye" gives a clue that this person
or let's say in this case the girl that Michael is paining for has passed away
in some sort of accident. He is dealing with the pain and emotional damage put
upon him from this loss. The psychological painful effects circulate in his
head and from the optimistic corners of this artistic mind "something
whispers in my ear and says". Referring to some sort of paranormal force
or angelic spirit being communicating to him. This spirit is there to support
and strengthen him as it says "you are not alone, I am here with
you". Then it says "though you're far away, I am here to stay"
which directs towards the idea that "I am here to stay" in your
"heart" and at the same time in a better place. Same idea where it
says "though you are apart" except vice-versa you are always in my
heart, her heart. Lastly towards the end he says "whisper three words and
I'll come runnin". These three words could be anything that expresses
affection to each other, such as I LOVE YOU or it may simply COME TO ME. This
means if she were here and were to whisper these three words he would go
instantly to her physical presence.
One of the popular theories behind the origin of this song is that
Kelly wrote it about a (teenaged) girl he was dating at the time who miscarried
his baby.
The music video was directed by Wayne Isham on
July 12, 1995, and begins with a large number of paparazzi taking
photographs of Jackson. The plot then centers around two locations: a temple
where Jackson appears in an affectionate semi-nude scene with his
then-wife, Lisa Marie Presley, and a theater where Jackson
performs the song to an empty hall. Jackson also appears alone in other
locations such as deserts and along tide pools. Jackson got married to Lisa
Marie Presley in 1994 and the marriage lasted for couple of years only. Michael
J was 37 and Lisa 26 years when the song was recorded.
Notwithstanding his flaws, MJ was, is and always will be the greatest entertainer, song writer, dancer, the world
will ever know. Let your kids and grand kids know the impact this genius had on
the world. Even google crashed when he died…imagine the impact of his death
You may notice that MJ looks the fairest ever in this video as he had
undergone a skin surgery. He was diagnosed with the skin disorder vitiligo, which results in white patches on the skin and
sensitivity to sunlight. To treat the condition, he used fair-coloured makeup.
The lighter skin resulted in criticism that he was trying to appear white.
This song can mean so many things to different
people
Best lines :
That you are not alone
I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay
Though we're far apart
You're always in my heart
Whisper three words and I'll come running
Don’t worry if you are still listening to this master piece…you are not
alone
Have a super Sunday
CK Musical Space
Lyrics : You are not alone
Another day has gone
I'm still all alone
How could this be?
You're not here with me
You never said goodbye
Someone tell me why
Did you have to go?
And leave my world so cold
Everyday I sit and ask myself
How did love slip away?
Something whispers in my ear and says
That you are not alone
I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay
But you are not alone
I am here with you
Though we're far apart
You're always in my heart
But you are not alone
'Lone, 'lone
Why, 'lone
Just the other night
I thought I heard you cry
Asking me to come
And hold you in my arms
I can hear your prayers
Your burdens I will bear
But first I need your hand
Then forever can begin
Everyday I sit and ask myself
How did love slip away?
Something whispers in my ear and says
That you are not alone
I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay
But you are not alone
I am here with you
Though we're far apart
You're always in my heart
But you are not alone
Whisper three words and I'll come running
And girl you know that I'll be there
I'll be there
That you are not alone
I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay
But you are not alone
I am here with you
Though we're far apart
You're always in my heart
For you are not alone (You are not alone)
For I am here with you (I am here with you)
Though you're far away (Though you're far away)
I am here to stay (You and me)
For you are not alone (You're always in my heart)
For I am here with you
Though we're far apart
You're always in my heart
For you are not alone
Not alone, oh
You are not alone
You are not alone
Say it again
You are not alone
You are not alone
Not alone, not alone
If you just reach out for me girl
In the morning, in the evening
Not alone, not alone
You and me
Not alone
Oh, together, together
Gotta stop being alone
Gotta stop being alone
U just keep getting better and better! Way to go CK.
ReplyDeleteThank you Sonia
ReplyDelete